Before and after…

So, I got this wild hair to start on an upholstery project (actually two projects, but one must wait for a new supply of staples for my staple gun)  I’ve stripped the cover from a chair I found at Goodwill.  It was covered with some really ugly plastic green vine fabric.  Then I realized that I was out of staples, so I moved onto my footstool.  Scott bought this for me at a shop in Kennesaw, and it had a really ratty cover.  I had hoped to do some needlepoint like the old cover, but have had no luck in finding a pattern.  So Hobby Lobby happened to have some nice fabric that will do well.

I stripped the old fabric off today, and will start the recovering tonight.  So here are the before pictures, and the ‘in between the old and new’ pictures.






Phase 1:  Remove all upholstery fabric, in this case two layers.  These are the In between the old and the new cover.


DSC_1400 DSC_1403 DSC_1402

Phase 2:  Disassemble the wood, glue, clamp, and wait.  Hopefully the stool will be much sturdier now!


Hopefully, the new and improved stool will be ready in a few days.

I’ll keep you posted.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *